Learn to Scuba Dive in Queensland
Updated: Mar 17, 2021
Have you always dreamed of learning to scuba dive?
Imagine breathing underwater and experiencing zero gravity, exploring stunning coral reefs, or discovering sunken ship wrecks. This is what dreams are made of and it’s all possible when you learn to dive in Queensland!
What is the PADI Open Water Course?
The PADI Open Water Course is the first level of diving certificate. You’ll learn how to become a safe, competent and confident diver and you’ll be certified to dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters. When you finish your PADI Open Water Course at Surfers Paradise you’ll feel proud of your accomplishments. You’ll have made new, like-minded friends and you’ll have your ticket to dive anywhere in the world.
What does learning to dive in Queensland involve?
During your PADI Open Water Course you will need to complete 5 knowledge development (theory) modules and 5 confined water (swimming pool) sessions and then you’ll be able to join us for at least 4 incredible dives in the ocean. Once you’ve been scuba diving on the Gold Coast you’ll be hooked!!
Here’s a breakdown of each of the three key components of the course:
· Knowledge Development: Utilizing PADI’s latest teaching aids will keep classroom time to a minimum while ensuring you understand the basic principles of scuba diving. It’s also possible to complete the theory learning online from home – so you can get started right away and learn at your own pace! · Confined Water Dives: Confined water dives are your time to learn and practice the required scuba skills. You’ll be in the hands of our capable and experienced PADI Instructors in a safe and controlled environment which allows you to get comfortable with the gear and skills required for the course. · Open Water Dives: This is what it’s all about! During your ocean dives you’ll have the opportunity to use your new skills to explore and see some of the most diverse and incredible marine life found anywhere in the world. Your Instructor will be with you from start to finish and will show you some of Queensland’s most amazing sea creatures!
· Please Note: To take the PADI Open Water Course you must be at least 10 years old. You need to have adequate swimming skills to swim 200meters and you need to be in good physical health. No prior experience of scuba diving is required.
Why Take the PADI Open Water Course in Queensland?
Scuba diving in Queensland will give you the chance to explore some of Australia’s best dive sites! You’ll see stunning coral reefs that are bursting with colour and teeming with life. All of this while enjoying excellent visibility and warm water temperatures of 18 – 27 degrees Celsius. After you’ve explored our impressive coral reefs, we encourage you to explore more and visit some wrecks with us as a certified diver!
Learn to dive on the Gold Coast with us and upon completion of your course, you will be certified to dive to 18 metres, just about anywhere in the world. You will be able to dive independently, without an Instructor, with the confidence and knowledge to buddy up with any other diver and go diving!
Why Learn to Dive with Surfers Paradise?
The short answer is that we are fun, friendly, professional, love teaching and have high regard for safety. We are the only dive center on the Gold Coast that has been accredited as a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Centre which means we don’t just teach divers – we also teach Instructors. Surfers Paradise is the oldest dive operation currently running in the Gold Coast. It has created more than 4,000 divers and instructors to date and has introduced countless enthusiasts to the underwater world.
What Does the Open Water Course Include?
Here what’s included when you take the Open Water Course and Learn to dive in Queensland with us:
• All of your professional training over 3 days (approx.)
• All theory, pool and ocean dives
• Full equipment hire included in the price
• Full use of Surfer’s Paradise 5 Star facilities
• All student course materials, either eLearning or online manual access
• Low student to Instructor ratio for a more personal experience.
• A life-long scuba diving certification/licence to dive to 18 meters (you may need to take a quick refresher if you do not dive for a long period of time, but the Open Water Diver certification is for life).
Are there any extras?
We know that not everyone has the same needs, requirements or budget, so we’ve created 3 Open Water Course options for you to choose from:
Open Water Basic Package: There is nothing ‘basic’ about this! It provides you with all of the inclusions listed above. You’ll study your theory online using PADI eLearning so that you can learn at your own pace before joining us for a theory review, your swimming pool sessions and ocean dives using our equipment!
Open Water Gold Course: If you are someone who thinks that you will dive again regularly, or you are water-person who also enjoys see swimming and snorkelling, our Gold Package is ideal as it includes soft gear in the price for you to take away with you! We highly recommend that all divers have their own soft gear so that they are familiar with it each time they dive.
Open Water Platinum Course: If you know you were born to dive and you know that you will want to own your own scuba diving equipment, this is the course for you. A full set of scuba gear is included in the price so you can learn in your own gear and start getting familiar with it right from the start!
Check out all three options and prices on our PADI Open Water Course page HERE
So are you ready to learn to dive in Queensland with us? We’d love to be a part of your underwater adventures! If you’d like more information or to make a reservation,
get in touch with us via our online contact form or send us an email to: email@example.com.
We look forward to exploring underwater with you soon!